Joseph Wetch was born in Bismarck, North Dakota. He graduated from the University of North Dakota (B.A. Magna Cum Laude, 1998) and from the University of North Dakota School of Law (with distinction, 2001). He joined the firm in 2001 and has been active in litigation matters since that time. He has lectured on legal ethics, FMLA, ADA, and the use of medical records in litigation. His areas of concentration are general litigation, school law, commercial litigation, municipal law, medical malpractice defense and insurance law.
Year Joined Organization
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial law
- Complex Commercial Litigation and Class Actions
- Insurance Litigation
- Negligence and Personal Injury
- Professional Disciplinary Action Defense
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- School and Education law
- North Dakota, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 2001
- Minnesota, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- South Dakota, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2008
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota, 2001
Honors: With Distinction
- University of North Dakota, Fargo, ND, United States, 1998
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Constitutional Law-First Amendment-Commercial Speech: Broadcasters come up all 7s: Advertising of Casinos and Gambling, Greater New Orleans Broadcasters Association v. United States, North Dakota Law Review, Vol. 76, No. 1, Pg. 161
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a "Future Star" by Benchmark Litigation 2013-2017.
- Designated as AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell in 2013.
- Recognized by Chambers USA in General Commercial Litigation 2008-2015.
- Selected for inclusion to the Great Plains Super Lawyers list 2013 - present.
- Selected as a 2014 Top Rated Lawyer in Medical Malpractice Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tribal Court Turtle Mountain
Bar Admission, 2004
- American Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota - Board of Governors; President 2015-2016
- Cass County Bar Association
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Law Institute (ex officio)
November 28, 1966
Licensed to practice in North Dakota and Minnesota, and serving the communities of Fargo, Moorhead, Grand Forks, Valley City, Jamestown, Minot, Bismarck, Alexandria, Wahpeton, Cooperstown, Glyndon, and Dilworth.